And here is another gem from Lower Silesia - the Pearl of the West - a shelter on the Modre reservoir lake created on the Bóbr River.

    This place and the walk itself are truly exceptionally charming. I started from Jelenia Góra, it is closer from Siedlce, although the road from Jelenia Góra is definitely more attractive.


       The magnet on the fridge reminded me that I was there and that I should write a blog post ;-)

    I was there on a rather cloudy day, it was February and of course I met only a few people on the way. If you have a car, you can leave it in the car park in front of Intermarche and next to the PKS bus station in Jelenia Góra. From here, we follow the walking trail first to the Bóbr River and then along it. On the way, we pass under a truly impressive and so much cinematic railway viaduct.

                                                          Really nice railway viaduct

The Bóbr River in this place breaks through the Izera foothills in a picturesque gorge. The slopes above the river are quite steep, and there are also groups of rocks.


let's go further


    And finally, the Pearl of the West appears, where the Bóbr picturesquely spreads and twists, above it rises rocks and shelters that were created in 1927, after the creation of the artificial Modre Lake on the Bóbr. It was built by the Germans, to whom Lower Silesia belonged.
    The building is located on a steep bank, at an altitude of 320 m, has a wooden and brick structure, the walls are covered with wooden beams, and a hanging terrace stretches along the building from the side of the lake.


You can cross the lake and the Bóbr by a bridge, from which there are also picturesque views.


next view


    In the shelter, or rather a large guesthouse, you can eat delicious meals, spend the night, organize a party or a wedding. Next to the building there is a stone observation tower, which can be climbed by winding stairs. The tower offers a view of the lake. Observing the building from below in all its glory, you can admire the size of the Pearl of the West.
    And that's it. The walk is one of those relaxing and pleasant ones. Along the way, you can see that in the previous era, when the area belonged to the Germany, it was a very popular place. I recommend it to anyone who has a moment and is in Jelenia Góra. If I went further along the Bóbr, I would reach the Pilchowicka dam that I wrote about earlier Zapora Pilchowicka
    If you want to support me in traveling, visiting museums, castles, mountain climbing, which also includes climbing the Crown of Polish Mountains with bare tits, you can buy me a coffee. link here. buymeacoffee
    And if you want to get to know me from a slightly braver side -
visit my onlyfans. Link here. onlyfans
    If for some reason you can't subscribe to me on Onlyfans, I also have Fansly. Here is the link. fansly
Important thing - I publish all my public flashing on fansly - remember public flashing content - only fansly

    See you in the next post, or somewhere on the Internet - you know where.
Ahhh... wait.... Ahhh... wait... another photo with a souvenir magnet that reminded me of the Pearl of the West.


                          See you. Byeeee....




Comments